Inspired by David Lebowitz’s idea of Radish Leaf Pesto I made a pesto out of radish sprouts. They are generally more available for me.
I cover how the thoughts about this pesto in more detail in my Radish Sprout Pesto Pasta. The pasta is served with a light cream tomato sauce. All the flavors come out flavorful but balanced.
But the pesto recipe is repeated here for convenience.
- 1 bunch radish sprouts or leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves (use one if milder pesto is desired)
- ¼ cup olive oil (approximate)
This will make more pesto than you need for this recipe. Add the quantity needed in the "Pasta and Pasta Sauce" steps below and reserve the remaining for another purpose.
- Add the sprouts, Parmesan, garlic, and pine nuts to the bowl of a food processor. Lightly pulse to create a rough mixture.
- Slow drizzle olive oil into the bowl while continuing to lightly pulse. Work slowly, to not over grind the ingredients or to add too much oil. Continue to a paste is formed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 103Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Calculated Nutrition is estimated.